COVENTRY City Council is working with the Positive Youth Foundation – a charity in Coventry – to identify suitable clubs, charities and organisations to deliver activities and events across the city.
The activity must be delivered between April and September 2022 and primarily aimed at 11–24-year-olds.
Event and delivery proposals are welcome to the value of up to £5,000.
All applications and proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Embedded into the work of the Coventry Youth Partership
- Successful experience of working with vulnerable, young people who are identified as needing support
- Have a positive and collaborative mindset and experience in working successfully on programmes with multiple partners
- Have strong project management and an outcomes-led approach to work, including data collection and analysis
- A clear neighbourhood or community footprint in Coventry.
Coun Kamran Caan, Cabinet Member Public Health and Sport, said: “As a result of the pandemic, we need to offer as many ways for young people to become active as possible.
“This Commonwealth Active Communities funding will allow us to seek out different organisations to deliver activity on people’s doorsteps and in their local greenspaces.”
Rashid Bhayat, Chief Executive Officer, Positive Youth Foundation, added: “Our work with young people across the city enables them to increase their physical, emotional and mental health.
“This new project will support us in working with community groups to make better use of parks and open spaces for positive activities.”
To register your interest in delivering activity for this programme, please complete the downloadable form online, and send to email@example.com by 5pm, 21 March.