SEVENTEEN people were evacuated from their homes last night (Tuesday) following an explosion in Tile Hill.
Emergency crews were called to a property in James Green Road shortly before 9.30pm, at which a shed was on fire.
Nearby residents were moved into temporary accommodation and the fire had been put out by 1.30am. It is not thought anyone was injured.
People living in the area reported hearing the explosion up to a mile away and several took to social media to express concern.
A spokesman for West Midlands Fire Service said in the shed were 10 gas cylinders containing acetylene, propane and oxygen. One had exploded – causing the blaze – but the majority had remained intact.
A fire engine remained overnight to monitor the scene but left this morning.