A BID has been launched to give a ‘much-loved’ Coventry man something to smile about this Christmas after he lost everything when a blaze ripped through his home.
The Willenhall community have clubbed together in support of Alan Templeton, who they said lost everything he owned last week when his house on Potton Close burnt down.
Neighbours added Alan was taken to Birmingham to be treated for minor burns.
Following the blaze his neighbour Courtney-Leigh Little has set up a GoFundMe page to raise vital cash to help get him back on his feet.
So far, over £4,200 has been raised for Alan so he can afford food, clothes and somewhere to stay.
Their ultimate aim is to help Alan get his home of over 30 years back up and running and safe for him to live in again.
Other Coventrians are fund-raising for Alan, with Riley O’Sullivan launching a cash-gathering competition with £200 going to the winning team and the rest going to the GoFundMe page.
Courtney described Alan as a lovely neighbour and said seeing his house burn down was one of the scariest nights of her life.
She added: “We know getting his house back to how it was before is going to take a lot of time to do but any little helps.
“This is Alan’s family house of over 30 years of memories and we wanted to raise this money to give him all of those memories back.
“I know it’s Christmas and money is tight but please give whatever you can as he has nothing but the clothes on his back.”
Search for Riley O’Sullivan on Facebook to get in touch with him about the competition.
Visit www.gofundme.com/f/alan-templeton-house-fire? to donate to the GoFundMe page.