THE FLYING Scotsman is coming to Warwickshire and The Observer is offering two lucky readers the chance to jump aboard and dine in style on the world famous locomotive.
On Tuesday October 24, the Flying Scotsman will be starting out from Leamington to take passengers on the first leg of a fabulous evening steam trip around the Trent Valley and you too could be on board.
We’ve teamed up with The Cathedrals Express to give away a pair of Premier Dining tickets for this Trent Valley Evening Tour, worth nearly £400, in an easy to enter competition.
The winners will step on board The Cathedrals Express at Leamington at around 3pm, and after taking their seats in the elegant Premier Dining carriage, will be served a selection of afternoon nibbles.
Flying Scotsman, which was built in 1923, will make its way along the picturesque Trent Valley, passing the towns of Burton-upon Trent and Derby, before heading along the Erewash Valley to Butterley. There will be a short stop here, where passengers will have a chance to see this magnificent engine, before re-joining the train for the return journey, which will be hauled by a vintage diesel engine.
As the winners sit back to enjoy the journey home, they will be served a delicious two course meal, before arriving back in Leamington at around 9pm.
Tickets for this evening tour of the Trent Valley on board The Cathedrals Express featuring Flying Scotsman range from £85 per person in Premium Standard to Pullman Style Dining at £239 per person.
For further details of trips with Flying Scotsman visit www.CathedralsExpress.co.uk or call 01483 209888.
To be in with a chance of winning two Premier Dining tickets worth £398, simply tell us in what year was the Flying Scotsman built?
Answers on a postcard to Flying Scotsman Competition, The Observer, 45 The Parade, Leamington Spa, Warks CV32 4BL.
The winner will be the sender of the first correct entry drawn after the closing date which is noon on Friday May 12.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The prize is 2 x Premier Dining tickets worth £199 each for Trent Valley Tour on board The Cathedrals Express with Flying Scotsman on Tuesday October 24, 2017
2. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable
3. The times stated are subject to change. Final times will be released by Network Rail 2-3 days prior to the trip and will be listed on the Steam Dreams website www.SteamDreams.co.uk
4. Tickets will usually be sent out to the winner by email 3-4 days prior to the trip
5. Should the trip be cancelled for any reason, the winner will be offered tickets to the same value for an alternative trip (which may not feature Flying Scotsman)
6. Steam Dreams reserves the right to change locomotives, destinations or routes to facilitate the completion of the tour
7. The Steam Dreams chef is happy to cater for specific diets. Should the winner have special dietary requirements they should notify Steam Dreams (Emily Watkinson on email@example.com or call the office on 01483 209888) up to one week before travel. We try our best to cater for allergies or severe dislikes of some foods, but cannot guarantee that all our food will be totally nut, garlic or gluten free as it is prepared in kitchens where traces of nuts, garlic and flour may be found.
8. Full terms and conditions of travel can be found at www.SteamDreams.co.uk