Have you ever been to a point in your life when you regretted cutting your hair too short or wished that you had more volume in your natural hair? If yes, then do not worry because one of the simplest solutions to this problem of yours is getting hair extensions.
There are several different types of hair extensions that you can get according to your needs to solve your hair concerns. This means that no matter if you want to thicken your hair or want to make them longer or simply want to colour them, getting hair extensions will help you get closer to your goal.
The two basic types of hair extensions that you can find in the market are clip-in or temporary hair extensions and permanent hair extensions. To provide you with more detail about it, here is a basic difference and comparison between these two types.
Clip In Hair Extensions
Clip in hair extensions is a type of temporary hair extension as they can be simply worn and removed whenever you want to. As the name suggests, the method of application of this type of hair extension includes attaching it to your hair using a clip that is attached to the hairpiece.
This means that whether you are looking for one piece hair extensions or wefts for weaves, you can simply use this type of hair extension whenever you want to to create different looks on different events and easily add length and volume to your natural hair.
For more information here is a list of some of the major pros and cons of using clip in hair extensions that will help you to choose.
- One of the major benefits of clip in hair extensions is that these are easy to attach, and you do not have to go to a salon.
- It will take you less time to change different looks with it.
- You can also get the I pre-styled form so that you can quickly wear them when going somewhere.
- It doesn’t cause any pain or damage to your scalp and hair when wearing.
- If you tend to have thin hair and want almost a permanent or long-term solution to it, clip in hair extensions is not your best choice.
- You can not sleep wearing them and have to take them off every day.
Permanent Hair Extensions
If you have been looking for a permanent solution to your thin hair or have trouble growing your hair back to a longer length, then getting permanent hair extensions is certainly your kind of thing. This kind of hair extension is applied with the help of a professional hair expert and can stay in your hair for about 6-8 weeks without having to remove them.
- Some of the basic types of permanent hair extensions are:
- Tape in
- Micro rings
- Nano rings
- Hair weft etc.
- It gives your hair a natural finish.
- You do not have to get in the hassle of removing and applying them every day.
- It is more durable.
- It can help you to give your hair a fuller look.
- Your scalp and hair can get damaged during the application process.
- It requires a professional hairstylist to wear them.
- The process of installation is longer than usual.