Hi: 22° Lo:10°
By Steve Carpenter Thursday 31 January 2013 Updated: 01/02 11:34
THE SECOND round of auditions for new reality TV show Sent To Coventry will commence next week.
Hundreds of people from all walks of life auditioned earlier this month with the aim of being picked out for the show, which will see a 15-minute pilot filmed focusing on the city.
Around 50 people have been called back for the second stage next Friday (February 8).
And actress Holly Matthews, who helped with casting at city venue S7ven, said she had been inundated with requests to attend the second auditions.
And revealed that it will be a much more intimate affair this time round.
“This means no waiting out in the cold and will give us more time with people as times are allocated,” said Holly.
“From there the cast will be picked and we will start filming the pilot around the cast.
“We will be moving on it pretty quickly and have people waiting on the outcome of this.
“This is where the real work starts and although things may whiten down slightly, rest assured we are busier than ever.”
Among those to be selected is fashion blogger Shaun Turner, who tweeted: “I'm so excited its unreal just planning what to wear lol #fashionistaofcoventry #fashionblogger."
Nathan Lewis, an up and coming actor, said: “So excited to be auditioning next Friday for @SenttoCov and is bringing the A game or as i say G game (G stands for Ginger)."
Shop owner Lisa Merrett was also selected and tweeted a message of thanks for her support: “As if I'm going through to the second round of auditions I want my sweet shop famous!"
SNOW could hit the region on Sunday, the
HEART-SHAPED pizzas are being sold in a Valentine's
CHART-toppers JLS were joined by fellow X-Factor star
PLANS for 211 homes on land where Sir
SCHOOLS in Rugby celebrated another year of academic success when ...
BUILDING work to reduce congestion and improve safety on the ...
COMPLAINTS are down and compliments are up for West Midlands ...