Exhibition opens up church to the public

By Steve Carpenter Tuesday 29 January 2013 Updated: 31/01 10:01

Latest News

Buy photos » Coventry Society founder member Paul Maddocks in the Roots Gallery. Picture by Jon Mullis 04.013.016.cov.jm1 (www.buyphotos247.com)

AN EXHIBITION of photographs of the Feibusch mural in the former St Mark's Church have been put on public display.

The church in Stoney Stanton Road dates back to 1868 and was affected by bombing during the Second World War.

In 1963 a German artist named Hans Feibusch was commissioned to paint a mural on the wall inside.

At present the historic sandstone church is not open for public viewing, but thanks to the Coventry Society the Camera Principis exhibition allows photographs of the mural and church to be viewed by the public at the Roots Gallery in Earl Street.

The exhibition also looks at Coventry’s public art and architecture, its historical ruins and listed buildings, the characters and individuals that make up the independent retailers and the importance of the parks and public spaces.

The exhibition is open until Saturday.

Share This

Regional news »


Rugby Observer
A good day for A level students as pass rates ...

A LEVEL pass rates have been maintained by our schools ...

Solihull Observer
Building work on A45 bridge in the pipeline

BUILDING work to reduce congestion and improve safety on the ...

Leamington Observer
Town centre bars at 'saturation point'

CRIME and anti-social behaviour will rise if more town centre ...

Redditch Standard
Tributes paid to KCA man

TRIBUTES have been paid to a much-loved community man who ...