Hi: 27° Lo:13°
Friday 09 November 2012 Updated: 12/11 13:27
PEOPLE living close to HS2 railway line are to find out full details about the compensation available.
A series of meetings will be held at location along the route between London and Birmingham over the next few weeks.
Representatives from HS2 Ltd and the Department for Transport will discuss the scheme which would give homeowners the option of selling their house to the government at market value plus 10 per cent up to £47,000 as compensation.
There will also be a voluntary purchase scheme for homes immediately outside the so-called safeguarded area to be sold at market value and a hardship scheme for people affected during the building process.
The closest consultation to Coventry is at Burton Green Village Hall on Saturday, November 17 from 9am to 5pm.
Others in this region take place at:
- The Sanctuary in Castle Vale and Fazeley Studios, Digbeth, Birmingham on Tuesday, November 20.
- Ward End library, Washwood Heath, Birmingham and Firs and Bromford Sports and Community Centre, Bromford, Birmingham on Wednesday, November 21.
- Loft at the Bluebell Centre in Chelmsley Wood on Thursday, November 29.
- The Link, 4 New Road, Water Orton on Tuesday, December 4.
- Graham Adams Centre in Southam on Saturday, December 8.
- The Kenilworth Centre in Kenilworth on Tuesday, December 11.
- Offchurch Village Hall on Tuesday, January 15.
HS2 will cut through Burton Green and then pass between Balsall Common and Berkswell before going through Hampton in Arden and Marston Green. Land opposite the NEC has been earmarked for an interchange station.
It will be built in two phases with the section from London to the West Midlands expected to open in 2026 with the second section to Manchester and Leeds and connection to Heathrow in 2032-33.
Alison Munro, chief executive of HS2 Ltd, said: "We do understand the impact it will have on people living close to the line and the Government has recently published a range of property compensation measures for consultation.
"The information events we are running are an opportunity for those directly affected to come and discuss the proposals in more detail with our property teams."
THE five-year-old girl who died after the car
SCHOOLCHILDREN are being given the chance to learn
COVENTRY needs working relationship with the people behind
A DRUG addict repaid the kindness of a
FORMER West Midlands MEP Nikki Sinclaire has been charged with ...
WEST Midlands Ambulance Service and Heart of England Foundation Trust ...
COUNCIL houses could be built again in a bid to ...
THE SENTENCING of a man who admitted to killing his ...