By Steve Carpenter 16/04 Updated: 19/04 15:37
A TEENAGER has been banned from watching the Sky Blues for three years after admitting to a string of violent offences at last month's local derby at Leicester City.
The 15-year-old boy pleaded guilty to two assaults, throwing a missile inside a football stadium and threatening behaviour at Coventry Youth Court yesterday (April 11)
The teenager had assaulted two stewards operating on the divide between home and away supporters and thrown a plastic bottle towards Leicester City fans at the King Power Stadium on March 3.
He was given a three year banning order, a community order and was told to not enter any town or city where Coventry are playing three hours before kick off, during the match and three hours after the final whistle.
PC David Mapp, from the force's Football Unit, said: "The vast majority of football fans attend matches as passionate supporters who simply want to enjoy the game but there will always be a minority who are intent on causing trouble
"We enjoy a close working relationship with football clubs across the West Midlands who all want to crackdown on football related disorder as much as we do.
"We will always take a robust stance against anyone whose behaviour falls foul of the law and will seek to have banning orders issued against them.
"They are a real success because they work by stopping fans from doing what they enjoy the most, which is going to football matches.
"Breach of an order is a criminal offence and is punishable by a maximum sentence of six months in prison, which is why many people who are the subject of an order amend their behaviour to avoid getting in trouble again."
DO NOT smoke and drink only on special
CONSERVATIVE candidates at this year's local election are
VETERAN politician Dave Nellist is readying himself for
ANNE Hathaway's Cottage and the Midlands needs your help. Visit ...
CONTROVERSIAL plans to extract energy from under Warwickshire's countryside appear ...
THE STORIES behind some of those who gave their lives ...